Electric vehicles are now becoming a more common sight within UK businesses. UK Government ministers have stated that they are committed to making the UK a “world leader in the electric car industry”. The significantly lower running costs and ‘green’ ethos of an electric car compared to a petrol or diesel vehicle make choosing electric cars for your fleet a viable option.
The workplace car charging scheme is a voucher scheme that provides support towards the costs associated with purchase and installation of electric vehicle charging points.
Workplace Car Charging Scheme
The workplace charging scheme from The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), offers vouchers of £300 per socket, and can be used for up to 20 sockets or £6000 towards installation.
Companies can benefit from electric car charging points. If your company has access to electric vehicles you can apply to take advantage of this funding to improve your workplace facilities.
We have fitted many electric vehicle charging points for businesses across Yorkshire. Norcroft Energy are approved installers for Rolec and EV Box.
How does the application process work?
- Applicant completes the Government application form. To apply for the grant, you must download and complete the application form found here. All completed forms will then need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org You will be contacted within 5 working days and informed whether your application has been successful.
- If application is successful, your OLEV Unique Voucher Code is generated. The voucher is valid for 120 days from date off issue.
- Contact an OLEV approved installer. Norcroft Energy who are approved OLEV-authorised WCS installers and can install your commercial car charging points.
- Installer completes a site survey to advise on the most appropriate locations for your car charging points.
- Installer completes the installation.
- Installer submits claim on the OLEV portal.
- On receipt of the required evidence, installer receives grant.
Who is eligible to access the grant?
Any business, charity or public authority is eligible to claim the grant towards the cost of installing electric vehicle charging points providing they have dedicated off street parking for staff.
The contribution payable by the customer will be subject to a site specific survey / site conditions / location / OLEV Terms & Conditions.
Please click here to view OLEV’s full Terms & Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I arrange for a chargepoint to be installed?
As approved OLEV-authorised WCS installers Norcroft Energy can install your commercial car charging point. Once you have applied and received your voucher, simply contact us on 01226 763127 to discuss.
Do I have to pay upfront for the charging point?
No. The installer will claim the value of the voucher on your behalf. This amount will then be deducted from your final invoice.
What is the typical cost of an installation?
All commercial car charging installations will require a pre-installation site survey. Once the pre-installation site survey is complete we will provide a full specification quote detailing the full cost of installation.
For more information about the Workplace Car Charging Scheme visit the governments website here or contact us today on 01226 763127.